Friday, April 11, 2014

A respite from my blog: "Medicine and Health in Children's and YA Lit."


Dear readers,

It's spring ( 2014!) and three years since I began this blog.  I've been inspired by the change of season, as I always am, and have begun to shake up my writing life. I've been spending most of my time reading short stories and delving into the craft of writing them. Most of the new stories I've written are about various aspects of what may be called the health care adventure involving doctors, nurses, hospitals, and the surprising ways our experience with illness changes people on both sides of the fence. I'm also want to write a new play.

I enjoy reading books for young people. Many provide endless material for teachers and parents to begin discussions with kids about family life, relationships, physical and psychological health. Why do the characters on the page do what they do? What would you do?

I have enjoyed posting here, but need to focus on my own creative work. In the meantime, thank all of you who have kindly read what I've written.

Best wishes,

Janice Scully

No comments:

Post a Comment